On Friday 13th November, it is World Kindness Day; a day to celebrate and promote acts of kindness.
The aim of World Kindness Day is to create a kinder world by inspiring individuals to carry out small acts of kindness which may positively impact the well being of others.
From Friday 6th November until Friday 13th November, we would be grateful if your child was able to donate one small item from the shopping list below that we would be able to donate to a local food bank in South Belfast who provide good quality essentials to all in need.
Your child can leave the item in their tutor room where it will be collected and stored away until it is collected on Friday 13th November. The College has measures in place to manage the storage and handling of materials in light of ongoing Covid-19 mitigations.
By donating one item, your child will have carried out an act of kindness by helping and thinking of those who are less fortunate than themselves. I hope you will support us in this worthwhile endeavour at this time.
Thank you in advance for your support and generosity.
Mr McFarland - "In a world where you can be anything, be kind"
Items that would be greatly received for our collection
- Cereal (including variety packs)
- Long Life Milk
- Pasta Sauce
- Tea bags
- Tinned Dessert
- Tinned Fish
- Tinned Fruit
- Tinned Meals
- Tinned Meat
- Tinned Potatoes
- Tinned Vegetables
- Toiletries – deodorant, toilet paper, shower gel, shaving gel, shampoo, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand wipes
- Household items – laundry liquid detergent, laundry powder, washing up liquid
- Feminine products – sanitary towels and tampons
- Baby supplies – nappies, baby wipes and baby food
- Face masks and hand sanitiser